The United Zion Church had its beginnings in 1855 when Mathias Brinser was excommunicated from the River Brethren Church because he built a “church house” for public worship.
Matthias Brinser continued preaching and holding meetings as before. His followers were locally known as “Brinserites” but properly named United Zion’s Children. The name was later changed to the United Zion Church.
We draw our greater heritage from the Anabaptist movement of the Reformation. Along with the law of love as taught by our Savior, Jesus Christ.